Pine Grove Furnace
Pine Grove Furnace was built in 1828 by Robert Hamilton and Andrew Ellison, and blew out May 10, 1895. Originally it only put out 4 tons but later increased to 16 after it was rebuilt in 1844.
1889 Sanborn map of Pine Grove furnace
The mansion of Robert Hamilton (who was the Iron Master and owner of Pine Grove Furnace) which was located in Hanging Rock . The mansion, later known as Gray Gables, has since been torn down.
Front steps to the iron master’s mansion for the pine grove furnace.